In the era of digital transformation, organizations are competing over their business agility. In other words, businesses need to design, build and ship new applications and features faster than ever. Hence, comes microservices solutions helping businesses stay competitive in the market.
With Sumerge microservices solutions, we will help your organization move seamlessly into the digital age; providing end-to-end transformation capabilities for your IT infrastructure. Building cloud-native apps, transforming your legacy systems and integration methodology are all use cases for our microservices solutions. In addition, our consulting team helps assess your current IT infrastructure and come-up with a recommended roadmap fitting your needs and objectives.
What are Microservices?
Microservices or microservices architecture is a design approach aiming to build scalable and highly maintained applications. That is, an application is built with a collection of microservices that are loosely coupled. That’s why, microservices architecture transforms your business agility with independent deployable and testable components.
Traditionally, a large team of developers are working towards shipping a single application. This involves collaborating in a common cycle of build, test and release. With the large number of codependents, deploying new changes can take up to several weeks and months. To put it in another way, one feature change is impacting the build of the whole application.
On the other hand, an application is broken into smaller services in a microservices architecture. These services have a bounded context and they are loosely coupled. Hence, autonomous from one another. Each microservice is managed by a small team.
This team has an end-to-end control over this service in terms of UI, business logic and database. Team members can build, test and release much faster builds without dependencies. If there is an issue with one feature in the application, the issue is not propagating across other modules. Consequently, it doesn’t cause downtime in the system.
Why Adopt Microservices Solutions?
Is scaling current systems challenging for you especially in the case of sudden load? Microservices platforms allows you to scale applications up and down automatically. Thanks to auto-scalability, containerized applications scale up or down based on the demand with self healing capabilities thus guaranteeing up time while saving your hardware resources.
- Do you have current challenges extending your legacy applications with new features? Microservices facilitates your modernization journey whether by refactoring, migrating or extending your legacy systems.
Do you have challenges with your existing integration platform? Agile integration transforms the traditional ESB methodology to a decentralized approach; enabling business agility and rapid development of API and integration services.
- Building digital engagement platforms and eServices is way more efficient with microservices architecture. It gives you very fast time-to-market, highly scalable platforms and the flexibility to integrate with different external applications.
Instead of having one team working on a build at a time, microservices architecture allow multiple teams to work in parallel. Consequently, your organization can deliver faster and more efficient.
Scalable Microservice Solutions
Let the Cloud Native Applications and Microservices transform your systems and infrastructure so it can handle the new digital age. Take advantage of the following benefits:
Design, Implement and Sustain Your Cloud Apps
Sumerge team and partner platforms use new-age technologies that include platform-as-a-service (Paas), microservices, and serverless architectures to provide software transformation solutions to enhance your ROI.
Our team will re-architect and re-design monolithic applications with microservices, build and test services, perform platform migrations, and build your DevOps culture and environment.
Microservices Solutions - Latest Success Story
A leading Mortgage Financing institution, serving citizens on low and middle income, was having several challenges with its existing legacy core system. The legacy system is more than 20 years old. Eventually, it kept growing over the years by adding new features incrementally serving the continuous business demand of the organization.
The system grew tremendously till it reached a stage where adding new features and changing existing ones was very costly, risky & time-consuming. Here is a summary of their challenges:
- Not responsive to business demand: The current system was too complicated to add new features to it. Implementing new features was time-consuming in terms of development, testing and release time.
- Change was risky: The current legacy code was complex to implement new changes as well as testing was time-consuming and risky.
- Scalability: The current system was processing hundreds of thousands of transactions and database contained millions of records. It was difficult scaling the system during peak times and sudden load.
- APIs & Integration: exposing APIs and integrating with external systems was challenging, complex and time-consuming.
Solution & Approach
After assessing the situation we decided to migrate the system to microservices architecture running on containers on a private cloud container orchestration environment.
- Phased Agile Approach: we started breaking down the legacy system into smaller components “microservices”, migrating these components to containers and exposing them as REST APIs. This was a low risk approach where the 2 systems coexisted together migrating components every 2 – 4 weeks sprints.
- Quick time to market: Implementing new features and deploying it to production improved by 4-5x faster. All new components had automated DevOps pipelines with built test automation; thus achieving quality as speed.
- Performance Boost: We moved components with scalability issues and performance bottlenecks; hence offloading the legacy system to the modern scalable platform. Each microservice can now scale independently based on its load at runtime, and we don’t have to scale the whole system.
- API first: Easily integrate with internal systems like digital channels and external 3rd party systems and banks.
More on Our Services
You May Also Be Interested In
- On July 20, 2020
With the market changing demand, organizations are competing over business agility and their time-to-market to roll-out new features. Like many organizations believe tha
- On July 6, 2020
Is your software as responsive to business demands as it needs to be? Does it have scalability or is it a constant...
- On March 2, 2020
If you’ve been considering transforming your applications into microservices architecture or creating cloud-native apps, chances are you’ve heard about OpenSh
What Our Customers Say
Sumerge is one of the best companies I have dealt with. The team is very professional, respectful, punctual and committed to delivering the contracted project on time
Sahar Salah,Vice President, Head of IT, Bank ABC
Sumerge helped us to seamlessly implement a daily vouchers solution where the team provided an exceptional effort to solve any migration issues and finish the implementation with zero data loss or security issues
Shaarawy Mohamed,IT Infrastructure services Manager, FAB
We used Sumerge’s consultancy and experience to implement our Self-Service Portal as they are the best team in the region to implement and use IBM Technology
Ahmed Abd El Hady,IT Division Manager, TE-Data
Thankfully with Sumerge’s ECM solution we now rely on our electronic documents and moved our physical collateral documents to a safe fireproof warehouse, as we no longer need the documents onsite anymore
Tamer Emam,Head of IT, EMRC
With Sumerge we seamlessly implemented automation for our loan appraisal process along with enterprise content management which empowered us to help more citizens find affordable housing more quickly